Page 3 of 8
- The Association shall have the following elective officers: President, Vice-President, Executive Director, and Treasurer. The terms of office of the President and Vice-President shall be one year. The Vice-President shall, upon completion of her/his term, serve as President in the following year. The terms of office of the Executive Director and the Treasurer shall be four years, the terms so set as to have one of them elected every second year.
- The Executive Committee shall consist of the four officers; nine committee members, three to be elected each year for three-year terms; and the three most recent past presidents willing and able to serve. A majority of the voting members of the ExecutiveCommittee shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. Action recommended at any meeting without a quorum will take permanent effect when confirmed subsequently, by a majority vote of the Committee, through email or another expeditious method. The Executive Committee may appoint editors of Association publications as non voting, ex officio members of the Executive Committee.
- The President, with the advice of the Executive Committee, shall appoint a Nominating Committee, which shall present to the Executive Director nominations as required above.
- The President shall be ineligible for re-election.
- Voting shall be by secret ballot using appropriate electronic means and allowing members the opportunity to cast write-in votes. The results of the election shall be certified and announced by the Executive Director at the next annual meeting of the Association or by individual communication to members of the Association.
- In the event that the office of the Executive Director or the Treasurer becomes vacant, the President, with the advice of the Executive Committee, shall appoint a temporary Executive Director or Treasurer. Such appointee shall serve until the next annual election.