The Politics Network invites scholarship on political development, political institutions, mobilization, contention and conflict. Sessions listed with the Politics Network are frequently cross-listed with other networks, especially States and Society.
In keeping with the traditions of the SSHA we encourage interdisciplinary panels and welcome paper submissions from a wide variety of disciplinary perspectives. While complete panel proposals (at least four papers, a chair, and a discussant) are preferred, we will also do our best to place high-quality individual paper submissions. To aid in this effort, if you would like to submit an individual paper, we greatly appreciate the inclusion of suggestions (with contact information) as to possible panel chairs and discussants. We also encourage anyone submitting an individual paper to invite other scholars who are working on related topics to submit papers as well.
The submission deadline is February 16, 2020; submissions can be made via the following link: http://ssha2020.ssha.org/. Works that align with the 2020 conference theme – Politics, Society, and the Economy: the Past and Today – are particularly welcome. This year the network is also interested in works on the following topics:
- democracy & party politics, especially pertaining to the 2020 US election year
- sovereignty, secession & home rule
- urban, local & state-level politics & political institutions
- politics of gender/sexuality, race/ethnicity & religion
- populism & comparative populisms
- polarization & extremism
- science/anti-science, expertise & politics, including environmental politics
- polling/pollsters, consultants & strategists
- technology, digital media & political communication
- politics of health & medicine, especially related to epidemics
- politics of international trade
2022 Annual Conference submissions now open
SSHA is now accepting paper and session submissions for the 2022 Annual Conference. Please visit our submission portal ssha2022.ssha.org to submit a paper or session proposal. The submission deadline is February 16, 2022.
SSHA Call for Papers
48th Annual Meeting of the Social Science History Association
Chicago, IL, November 17-20, 2022
Submission Deadline: February 16, 2022
“Reverberations of Empire: Histories, Legacies & Lineages”
The 2021 SSHA final conference program is now available.