The Politics Network invites scholarship on political development, political institutions, mobilization, contention and conflict. Sessions listed with the Politics Network are frequently cross-listed with other networks, especially States and Society.
In keeping with the traditions of the SSHA we encourage interdisciplinary panels and welcome paper submissions from a wide variety of disciplinary perspectives. While complete panel proposals (at least four papers, a chair, and a discussant) are preferred, we will also do our best to place high-quality individual paper submissions. To aid in this effort, if you would like to submit an individual paper, we greatly appreciate the inclusion of suggestions (with contact information) as to possible panel chairs and discussants. We also encourage anyone submitting an individual paper to invite other scholars who are working on related topics to submit papers as well.
The submission deadline is March 3, 2017; submissions can be made via the following link: http://prd.sshaconference.org/. Works that align with the 2017 conference theme, changing social connections in time and space, are particularly welcome. This year the network is also interested in works on the following topics:
- democracy & party politics
- politics, gender/sexuality & race/ethnicity
- populism & comparative populisms
- science/anti-science, expertise & politics
- polling & political communication
- politics of health & medicine, especially related to epidemics
- politics of international trade
- inter- and trans-national politics, especially the European-American relationship
- regime change & revolutions
Apply for the Allan Sharlin Memorial Book Award by June 30th.
The deadline to apply for the President’s Book Award has been extended to July 20th.
View the preliminary program for SSHA 2019.
SSHA 2019 will be held in Chicago, November 21-24, 2019.